Hear it Straight From Our Residents: What Makes Blue Skies of Texas the Best Retirement Community in San Antonio?
Whether you’re a veteran, military spouse or a civilian who simply loves this great state, you’ll discover that living at Blue Skies of Texas is an excellent value. In our vibrant and active community you’ll find amazing restaurants, resort-like amenities, engaged and inspiring neighbors and reassuring health care services—all right on site.
Beyond these appealing features, though, there is one that outshines the rest and really makes Blue Skies stand out from any other retirement community in San Antonio: the people!
Members of our community give this place its unique spirit of camaraderie that you will notice as soon as you set foot on our verdant, vibrant campus. But don’t take it from us: Hear it straight from them!
Here are some of the stories and reviews from some of our residents and what, in their view, makes Blue Skies of Texas the best retirement community in all of San Antonio, Texas.
Staying busy, spending time as you choose
“The atmosphere is an active one where people can be as involved as they desire,” Roger said. “From water aerobics in the indoor pool, pickleball, tennis courts, golf driving range, and hobby shops to evening bridge and monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, there is enough to fill anyone’s calendar.
“Music, concerts and resident-supported activities are abundant, and when you add to that bus trips to downtown San Antonio or around central Texas, a person may ask for some moments of peace and quiet. The social activities certainly keep us busy and provide something to look forward to each day.”
Susan Stuckert agreed, and offered her own perspective on the activities available here:
“You can be as busy as you want to be. There are activities around every corner. If you prefer quiet activities, there are those too. There is a small group of artists that meet a couple of mornings a week… it’s almost like a meditative experience.”
We also know that to be able to enjoy all of these events, activities and experiences, you must also have enough free time to explore the possibilities, unburdened by housework. Fortunately, Blue Skies of Texas has you covered there, too. Just ask Jill Garza!
“I don’t have to cook, and I don’t have to clean. I don’t even have to change a lightbulb. I feel like a kid again. I let someone else do all the important stuff and I just play with my friends!” she exclaimed.
A friendly, supportive retirement community in San Antonio
Many active older adults, when considering a Life Plan Community like Blue Skies of Texas, wonder about how they’ll fit in with their new neighbors. Jill realized quickly that this special place makes any of those concerns moot! She said,
“I’m surprised at how fast you make friends here. I thought I was making the move because it was the responsible thing to do, but I’ve never had so much fun in all my life!”
Jill also hinted at how Blue Skies of Texas was the only organization in Texas with CARF accreditation, making it the clear choice for a secure future. With the highly rated continuum of care right here on site, coupled with exceptional staff, we stand ready should your needs evolve.
“The people here are amazingly supportive,” added Susan, referring to her relationships with Blue Skies of Texas staff.
Our supportive environment is one factor that led Lt. Col. Thomas Carter (Ret.) and his wife to choose Blue Skies of Texas several years ago. He has benefited from the peace of mind that living here gives him, and he’s even been able to pay it forward with his contribution of purple martin birdhouses for residents in our Liberty House to enjoy.
Believe it or not, the supportive and dedicated staff at Blue Skies of Texas even garnered a few lines of recognition in an eight-stanza poem that resident Ross Broadway was inspired to write about our community!
From the activities to the neighbors to the staff, you can see why Blue Skies of Texas has received so much positive feedback from the individuals and couples living here. To get a firsthand look at why we believe we are the premier Life Plan Community in San Antonio, click here or call 866-553-5389 to arrange a safe, private visit at your convenience. And to see a sampling of all the positive reviews we’ve earned around the web from within and beyond our community, just take a look below!
- “My husband and I love living here. It’s the people, both the staff and the residents. We wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.” (Pat Steffen, Facebook)
- “One of the biggest surprises I had was we could live here for about what it cost us for living in our home which was paid for! Come visit, I’ll show you around.” (Dee Pittenger, Facebook)
- “So, when a person comes to Blue Skies, he or she doesn’t need to just sit in a rocking chair— he or she can do FUN things! Some residents even continue to WORK! (Margie Wright, Facebook)
- “There are lots of retirement options in and around the San Antonio area, but this is one of the few that has a true sense of community. The only complaint I’ve ever heard was, “We wish we would have made this move years ago!” The grounds are fantastic, and the apartments, duplexes and single-family homes are breathtaking; but it is the staff and the people that live at Blue Skies that make this community truly shine.” (Jennifer Wilson, Google)
- “The interaction between the residents and the staff is an unbelievable plus as all are very caring and friendly. Our neighbors and fellow residents are also extremely friendly, caring and always willing to give a helping hand. One can be as active as desired since the social amenities here are not only envious, but much more fulfilling than our previous lifestyle. As we learned longevity is attributed to 35% genetics and 65% social life, which is indicated by many wonderful Blue Skies of Texas residents. We couldn’t have asked for a better place to live because it’s like a cruise ship on land. We highly recommend this to all seniors looking for a more fulfilling, happier, and secure lifestyle.” (Sherrie Savela, Google)
- “I decided to live at Blue Skies of Texas because it was the best value of the non-profit CCRC’s. The many activities, health facilities and wonderful friendships have brought great joy and satisfaction to my life. The secure urban campus next to loop 410 is a gateway to all of the benefits of living in vibrant San Antonio.” (George Waples, Google)